Linkage Groups are sub-groups of GCCN that meet on a thematic basis to discuss key policy areas & issues. GCCN has six Linkage Groups, which are open to all members as well as non-members. The role of the Linkage Groups is to:
- Progress the actions to be undertaken in each thematic area to advance GCCN’s policies & positions;
- Develop GCCN’s submissions to public consultations;
- Receive reports & consider issues from GCCN’s representatives to decision making bodies in Galway City;
- Offer guidance to GCCN’s representatives’ and agree common positions as required;
- Nominate representatives to decision making bodies relevant to the thematic area.