The Keep Well campaign builds on the In This Together campaign which happened earlier in the year and provides guidelines, information, and tips on how we can add healthy and helpful habits to our daily and weekly routines around five simple actions as follows:
- Keeping active – keeping active and being outdoors, even during the winter, is important to help physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Keeping in contact – staying connected with people, addressing isolation, supporting volunteerism and initiatives that support person-to-person connection is important to our wellbeing.
- Getting creative – switching off and being creative or learning something new, getting back to nature and finding ways to relax can help our general wellbeing.
- Eating Well – by nourishing our bodies and minds, we can develop a better connection between the food we eat and how we feel and positively impact our physical and mental wellbeing.
- Minding your mood – it is important to find out where to go if you or someone you know needs support. The HSE’s yourmentalhealth.ie website
has useful information as well as the HSE online Minding Your Wellbeing programme.
Please take action today! Make a daily plan to do at least one thing every day that will keep you well.
There is an abundance of things to do and to discover in Galway.
- Find what’s available at gov.ie/HealthyIreland or at the Galway City Council website and Galway County Council websites.
- Please see here the Taking Care of our Wellbeing & Resilience in Galway Advert.