Healthy Ireland, A Framework for Improved Health and Wellbeing 2013-2025 is the national framework for action to improve the health and wellbeing of Ireland over the coming generation.
See below for resources
A new fund to implement the objectives of HI locally has been established. The primary aim of the fund is to support innovative, cross-sectoral, evidence-based projects and initiatives that support the implementation of key national policies in areas such as obesity, smoking, alcohol, physical activity and sexual health. The objectives of the initial stages of the Fund are:
- To raise awareness of, and support for, Healthy Ireland through the funding of community-based and national health promotion activities.
- To facilitate and resource cross-sectoral and partnership networks that promote health and well-being.
- To resource the development of locally-led, cross-sectoral strategies promoting health and wellbeing.
- To add value to existing health promotion initiatives through the provision of Healthy Ireland resources.
- To support the health and wellbeing of the most disadvantaged groups and areas and those experiencing significant health inequalities through long-term planning.
Applications are open to Local Community Development Committees and Children and Young People Services Committees. All applications for development of Healthy Ireland strategic plans must clearly demonstrate that they are:
- Inclusive, Evidence-based & Outcome-focused
- Strategically aligned with Healthy Ireland, A Framework for Improved Health and Wellbeing 2013-2025; National Physical Activity Plan, The National Sexual Health Strategy, Tobacco Free Ireland and the Obesity Policy and Action Plan.
- Clearly target communities in disadvantaged areas and other groups who are vulnerable to health inequalitie
- Implementing cross sectoral, co-ordinated and collaborative programmes
- Download the Application Guidelines for the Healthy Ireland Fund here;
- Download the Healthy Ireland Framework here;
- Download the Healthy Cities presentation by Fiona Donovan here;
- Download the GCCN presentation – setting out the parameters of the fund – here;
- Download the National Sexual Health Strategy here;
- Download the National Obesity Strategy here;
- Download the Tobacco Free Ireland strategy here
- Download the National Physical Activity Strategy here;