GCCN Representative Elections 2019: Guidelines and Information
Galway City Community Network (GCCN), as the Public Participation Network (PPN) in Galway City, elects representatives to a variety of policy and decision-making structures in the city, including Galway City Council Strategic Policy Committees (SPCs), the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC), the Joint Policing Committee (JPC) and the Galway Sports Partnership (GSP).
In line with the new council elected on May 24th, 2019, all GGCN representatives on structures associated with the local authority had to resign. New GCCN representatives will need to be elected onto some of the local structures and GCCN are now implementing a process for their selection, that will culminate in the elections at the Plenary Meeting on Wednesday, 25th September 2019.
Following an initial open meeting on GCCN Representation held in early July, the election process for the new GCCN representatives includes the following three stages:
- Nominations will open on Monday, 2nd September. The nomination form is available for download below.
The cut-off date for all nominations is Friday, 13th September;
- Elections will take place during the Plenary Meeting on Wednesday, 25th September;
- Training (mandatory) for all representatives will take place post-election. Date to be confirmed.
In preparation for the representative elections GCCN Representative Elections: Guidelines and Information has been compiled and is now available for download at the link below.
The guide provides information on the GCCN Representative Election Process, the structures that GCCN is represented on and all the necessary guidance for those seeking a nomination on to one of the decision making structures on which GCCN is represented.
Please find below the following files for review and download:
- GCCN Representative Elections 2019-2024: Guidelines and Information
- Nomination Form: GCCN Representative Elections 2019