GCCN is delighted to be working with the Equality Rights Alliance and Galway City Partnership and the Galway City Local Community Development to offer a workshop on effective civil society engagement with the Public Sector Equality and Human Rights Duty.
The workshop will support local civil society organisations to pursue a collective engagement with public bodies to ensure the effective implementation of the public sector equality and human rights duty, using a values-based approach. The core values that underpin and connect equality and human rights
- a shared basis from which to engage collectively in achieving the potential of the public sector duty, thereby strengthening civil society voice at local level in ensuring this potential is realised, and
- an effective and appropriate approach for public bodies to implement the public sector equality and human rights duty.
The workshop will explore:
- the implementation of the public sector equality and human rights duty through a values lens,
- values-based tools for:
- implementing the public sector duty,
- collective engagement with public sector organisations on the public sector duty,
- assessing and bringing forward the key equality and human rights concerns that need to be addressed through the public sector duty.