Government Approves Moving to Phase 1 of Easing COVID-19 Restrictions from May 18th
The Government has announced on Friday, 15th of May, that Ireland is on course to move to Phase 1 of the Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business from Monday, May 18th.
The guidance for Phase 1 is to stay at home except for the following five reasons:
1. To go to work if your workplace is open and you can’t work from home;
2. To shop for items you need;
3. To exercise within 5 kilometres;
4. For medical reasons or to care for others
5. To meet friends or family within 5 kilometres, in groups of no more than four.
A fifth hygiene measure has been advised in addition to the four basic hygiene measures previously in place. This is to use face coverings when using busy public transport or in an enclosed indoor public area, such as retail.
In relation to work and business, the Taoiseach said outdoor workers like construction, gardeners, allotments can return to work.
Check out each of the links below to see what restrictions are in place for the following:
Find further details on the restrictions in place during Phase 2 at this link here and here.
View the Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business – here.
Read the speech of An Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar T.D., announcing Phase 1 at – here.