Covid-19 Community Response Forum
Following the announcement made by Minister Murphy on March 28th, a Covid-19 Community Response Forum has been put in place for Galway City and it includes over a dozen agencies, organisations and community and voluntary groups as follows:
- Galway City Council
- Health Service Executive
- An Garda Síochána
- Community Welfare Service, DEASP
- Galway City Partnership
- Galway City Community Network
- Galway Volunteer Centre
- COPE Galway
- Other community, voluntary and sports representatives
The purpose and role of the Forum is to lead the co-ordination of COVID-19 community supports and resilience and to ensure that there is a co-ordinated community response, enabling all the voluntary and statutory agencies to collaborate in support of our communities and particularly our most vulnerable members.
Galway City Community Call Helpline
A dedicated community support helpline and service has been established by Galway City Council to assist at-risk members of the public in accessing non-emergency and non-medical supports and advice during the current public health emergency.
A confidential phoneline service is available on 1800 400 150 or alternatively email email@example.com .
The helpline is focused primarily on ensuring that assistance is given to the members of the community that require support or help getting access to shopping, food, medication or supports for feeling isolate or lonely. The helpline is open to anyone that needs support.
Please find below the new graphics for the Community Call for Galway City, for your information and onwards circulation and promotion:
Community Response Forum Services
The new helpline is just one aspect of the Forum’s work. Its core aim is contributing to the community-wide effort to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Galway City COVID-19 Community Response Forum is there to ensure:
- that the wide variety of groups working across the city to assist those in need, will do so in an organised, collaborative and targeted way;
- the very best use of the many resources assisting members of the community with their daily needs at this unprecedented time, whether that is collecting medication, food shopping, social support and contact.
It will provide the following:
- Collection and Delivery – food, essential household items, fuel, medication
- Social Isolation, Supports, Engagement
- Meals and their delivery
- Garda Related
- Other Medical / Health Needs
- General Information
An advice and contact information booklet is now available here:
Galway City COVID-19
Community Support Helpline
1800 400 150
8am – 8pm Monday to Sunday