Published in April 2020
Minister for Health Simon Harris has announced an additional €1.1 million euro investment in online mental health supports to help people, especially health services staff, manage their mental health during and following the COVID-19 pandemic.
This funding will allow the HSE to deliver a range of additional online and telephone supports to frontline staff and the general population.
The funding will be used to develop additional online supports such as:
- online life skills courses supporting people in things like managing stress and developing good sleep hygiene;
- providing new online counselling supports for members of the public and health services staff and volunteers;
- moderated online support groups for members of the public and for staff;
- expanding the provision of telepsychiatry services for existing users of mental health services;
- creating additional supports for Leaving Certificate students.
Read more here.