Have you ever considered becoming a GCCN Rep?
Would you like to find out more?
Come along, have a curry* with us and explore what becoming a GCCN Representatives entails.
When: Tuesday, 2nd July, from 6pm to 8.30pm
Where: Westside Resource Center
This open meeting is for all GCCN members, both existing Representatives and individuals who are interested in becoming a GCCN Rep.
On this occasion, you can get a better understanding of what it means to be the Network’s voice. Come chat with us and see if this is something you’d like to do. Some current reps will be there too, ready to exchange information. So if you’re curious, come along to ask some questions and get some answers.
Register your interest by contacting Oana at email@example.com.
*Registration is essential so we know how many are for refreshments. Please specify any dietary requirements you might have.
See below further info on GCCN Reps Selection Process and Local Structures.
The GCCN Reps Selection
The selection process for the new GCCN Reps will include four stages:
- Open Meeting to discuss what is involved. Following the Plenary Meeting on June 26th, GCCN will hold an Open Meeting on GCCN Representation on Tuesday, 2nd July, at 6pm in the Westside Resource Centre;
- Training on the Role of GCCN Reps will be provided for all interested GCCN members in early September, venue to be confirmed;
- The nomination process for interested candidates will be open from early to mid-September;
- Elections will take place during the Plenary Meeting on 25th September.
Please note that while current representatives are obliged to resign/step-down, all are eligible to stand again.
With the local elections on May 24th, a number of policy and decision-making structures in Galway City were dissolved, and new ones were formed. Subsequently, all current GCCN Representatives on these structures have to stand down.
- Planning Strategic Policy Committee
- Transportation Strategic Policy Committee
- Housing and Social Inclusion Strategic Policy Committee
- Environment, Recreation and Amenity Strategic Policy Committee
- Economic Development, Enterprise Support and Culture Strategic Policy Committee
- Joint Policing Committee
- Galway Sports Partnership
- Local Community Development Committee – we are not 100% sure this will affect the LCDC and are waiting for confirmation from Galway City Council