Galway City Community Network is delighted to be working with Galway City Partnership once again to bring important opportunities for training and upskilling to the community, voluntary and environmental sectors in Galway City.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force on the 25th May 2018, replacing the existing data protection framework under the EU Data Protection Directive. This will affect any group or organisations that holds data of any type. If you want to know more about your obligations and how to ensure that your systems will comply with the new legislation, check out the workshops below.
- The GDPR in Context: Data Protection Principles, Rights of Individuals
- Data Protection Terminology and Roles
- Subject Access Requests – Information Requests
- Obtaining Consent
- Data Breaches
- Five Key Steps to Data Safety
- Preparing for the GDPR and demonstrating compliance: data journey mapping, staff awareness training, auditing systems and procedures
The workshop will be three hours duration and are are suitable for a variety of non-profit organisations and voluntary groups. Content is practical and actionable. The fee for the training will be covered by Galway City Community Network but there is a small charge of €10 per participant to cover the cost of refreshments.Please note that the workshops will only go ahead if there is a critical number of participants – minimum 15 – maximum 20