The role of a GCCN representative is to:
- Represent the agreed policy positions, values and interests of GCCN on the structure to which they are elected,
including relevant sub groups;
- Actively promote the policies, positions and values of the PPN, including by seeking the inclusion of items on the
agenda and proposing motions at the meetings;
- Regularly attend meetings of the structure to which they are elected and actively participate in discussions;
- Participate actively as a member of the relevant Linkage Group, supporting engagement of GCCN members in the
development of policies and positions to inform GCCN representatives.
Representing GCCN on policy and decision making structures is an important task. In order to ensure that representation
is informed and based on knowledge of the policy area and on commitment to the values of the PPN, the following
criteria for GCCN representatives are required to have:
- An awareness of general policy in the area you are seeking to represent on;
- A knowledge of the GCCN policies in the area and a commitment to promoting these polices and to policy development where necessary;
- A proven track record in the ability to represent.
For more information about the role of GCCN representatives, see the GCCN Representatives Charter.