Galway City Community Network (GCCN) is committed to maximising transparency and demonstrating clear accountability in its work.
GCCN is in the process of adopting the Charities Governance Code and intends to have all elements in place by the end of 2020.
The GCCN Registered Charity Number (RCN) is 20205749.
As stated in the GCCN Governing Document:
The main object for which the Company is established is the promotion of civic responsibility and voluntary work. Galway City Community Network acts as a network for organisations and groups in the community, voluntary and environmental sectors and:
- Acts as a platform for the groups/organisations engaged in the community, voluntary and environmental sectors in Galway City to develop policy and positions on issues of common concern to the sectors and to communities and to advocate for these policies and positions to be implemented.
- Facilitates the representation of the community, voluntary and environmental sectors on the Local Community Development Committee, the Strategic Policy Committees, the Joint Policing Committee, other local government and local development bodies and any local, regional, national or international body deemed appropriate by Galway City Community Network.
- Contributes to the development and achievement of a vision for the well-being of this and future generations.
Below please find:
- GCCN Governing Document
- GCCN Annual Report and Financial Statements 2019
- GCCN Annual General Meeting Minutes 2019