The Mayors Awards are a yearly initiative by Galway City Council to acknowledge voluntary work carried out by people within Galway City.
The awards acknowledge outstanding people and organisations that, through their commitment to participating in unpaid community and voluntary activities, have made a significant impact on the quality of their communities in Galway City.
Each year nominations are sought under various categories e.g.
- Arts, Culture, Heritage & Cursai Gaeilge
- Residents and Local Areas
- Social & Community Service
- Older Volunteer of the Year
- Sports Volunteer of the Year
- Children and Youth Support
- Young Volunteer of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
How do I nominate someone?
The closing date for this year’s Mayor’s Awards is Friday, 10 April
You need to complete a nomination form in respect of your nominee.
Nominators are usually asked to outline the following in relation to the nominee:
- The nominees activities and their achievements and contributions
- in these activities
- The difference the nominee has made in the community
- The reasons why the nominee deserves the Award
Once the Mayors Awards are launched (usually in January of each year) nomination forms are available from Galway City Council offices, and library branches within the city.
In addition the nomination form may be downloaded from the Galway City Council website page.
Please ensure that you return the nomination form by the closing date as forms received after the closing date cannot be considered.