GCCN is delighted to be partnering with Galway City Partnership to deliver training in two areas that we hope you will find useful.
Both workshops are of three hours duration are suitable for a variety of non-profit organisations and voluntary groups. Content is practical and actionable. The fee for the training will be covered by Galway City Community Network but there is a small charge of €5 per participant to cover the cost of refreshments.
Please note that the workshops will only go ahead if there is a critical number of participants – minimum 15 – maximum 20.
|Workshop 1 Guide to the General Data Protection Regulation|
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force on the 25th May 2018, replacing the existing data protection framework under the EU Data Protection Directive. This will affect any group or organisations that holds data of any type. If you want to know more about your obligations and how to ensure that your systems will comply with the new legislation, check out Workshop 1 below.
Date & Venue – December 8th from 10am to 1.30pm in Teach Solais, Victoria Place H91 FD72.
- The GDPR in Context: Data Protection Principles, Rights of Individuals
- Data Protection Terminology and Roles
- Subject Access Requests – Information Requests
- Obtaining Consent
- Data Breaches
- Five Key Steps to Data Safety
- Preparing for the GDPR and demonstrating compliance: data journey mapping, staff awareness training, auditing systems and procedures
|Workshop 2 Good Governance|
Good governance and ensuring your group or organisations is complying with its legal obligations is always a challenge. Sound familiar? Check out Workshop 2.
Date & Venue – to be confirmed for early in the New Year but register your interest below.
- Company Law in Context
- Implications of the Companies Act 2014 for CLG
- Legal Responsibilities of Company Directors
- The Role of the Company Secretary
- Using the Company Constitution to Manage the Board
- Adhering to legal requirements: Lobbying, Child Protection, Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Employment Law, Data Protection
Register Your interest