|Galway City Council through the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) invites applications for funding from interested Community Groups in respect of a new Communities Facilities Scheme initiative.|
The Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government operates a community’s facilities capital grant scheme through the Local Community Development Committees in order to support community participation and involvement. Under the scheme community and voluntary groups may apply for grants for capital projects which benefit the local community. Applications should relate to at least one key target group and thematic area in order to be eligible for consideration.Target groups and thematic areas
- Older people
- Ex-prisoners and families of prisoners/ex-prisoners
- Projects promoting cultural activity
- Projects promoting equality
- Community development projects
- Projects promoting integration
- Projects which are part of the Creative Ireland 2017-2022 initiative
The Scheme will offer grants up to a maximum of €1,000 per project.
Application Forms and Guidelines are available from the Community & Culture Department City Hall, College Road, Galway 091-536406 or available to download from www.galwaycity.ie. They are also available below.
The closing date for applications under this Communities Facilities Scheme is the 30th June 2017
- To download the Community Facilities Fund Public Notice please click here
- To download the Community Facilities Fund Guidelines please click here
- To download the Community Facilities Fund Application Form please click here