The Mayor’s Awards are held annually and acknowledge outstanding people and organisations, who, through their commitment to participating in unpaid community and voluntary activities, have made a significant impact on the quality of their communities in Galway City.
With the objective to ‘value, support and promote the contribution of volunteers and encourage participation in voluntary activity, nominations are invited for individuals or organisations who are involved in voluntary activity which takes place in the city in one of the following categories:
- Arts, Culture, Heritage & Cursaí Gaeilge;
- Residents & Local Areas Aware;
- Community Service and Social Inclusion Award;
- Older Volunteer of the Year Award;
- Sports Volunteer of the Year Award;
- Children & Youth Support Award;
- Young Volunteer of the Year Award;
- The Galway City Council Volunteer of the Year Award;
Each of the Award winners will receive a specially commissioned trophy and a cheque for €500. All nominees will be presented with an individually designed Mayoral Certificate at the Awards ceremony which will be held in April.
The closing date for nominations is 21st March and nomination forms are available from City Hall, the City Libraries and to download from www.galwaycity.ie
For more see the Galway City Council website here